Welcome to UHS Wilson Medical Center, a community-based, university affiliated teaching hospital located in the Southern Tier of New York State. UHS Wilson Medical Center is the backbone of UHS, the largest and most comprehensive health care organization in the Greater Binghamton area who's patient care coverage area encompasses all of Broome County and much of Central New York and Northcentral Pennsylvania. Our motto: "Amazing Technology, Extraordinary Care."
We believe UHS Wilson Medical Center is your best choice for completing your residency:
- Regional Trauma Center where you will see a wide range of clinical pathology and a diverse patient population.
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record, PDA downloadable patient records and remotely accessible charts, labs and vital patient care information.
- NO SCUT WORK! A full staff of laboratory techs, phlebotomists and exceptional nurses are on-hand to insure that you can focus on the clinical skills required.
- Extensive didactic schedule includes daily conferences and weekly grand rounds as well as 10-12 teaching days each year.
- Faculty and attending physicians treat you as an individual and embrace medical education.
- Low cost of living combined with a high salary and outstanding benefits.
- Affordable on-site housing for residents and visiting students.
- A vibrant Upstate New York community with a research university and a wide range of things to do from music, theater and arts to professional sports to many outdoor activities.
- Level II Trauma Center with Life Flight capability
- 500 plus beds
- Regional NICU
- On-site MRI and imaging
- Specialized medical services include:
- Nuclear Medicine, Center for Reconstructive Surgery, Best Center for Cardiac Services, Center for Neurosciences, Diabetes Education and Management Center, CyberKnife Center of Central New York, Designated Stroke Center
Train in an environment on the cutting edge of clinical and informatic technology:
- iCare enable physicians at UHS to access patient records from anywhere. View current vitals, up-to-date lab results, or patient medications in seconds. Advanced features allow physicians to customize how they view their patients, securely message each other, and leave detailed patient sign-out notes. iCare is currently available on all iOS devices including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Electronic Medical Records System
- On-Line Access To Medical Records From Home
- PDA Downloadable Patient Records
- PACS Digital Imaging System
- CyberKnife Radiosurgery
- Portable Ultrasound
- Procedures Laboratory
A Statistical Overview of UHS
|Annual Occupancy Rate:||60%|
|Total Inpatient and Outpatient Visits/Year:||over 250,000|
|Annual Budget:||$394 million|
|Annual Emergency Department Visits*:||47,375|
|Annual In-Patient Surgeries:||4,476|
|Annual Out-Patient Visits**:||over 500,000|
|Annual Out-Patient Surgeries:||11,011|
|Number of MD's on Medical Staff:||361|
|Number of DO's on Medical Staff:||35|
|Total Medical Staff Physicians:||396|
|* Level II Trauma Center serves as the Regional Trauma Center for South Central New York State and Northern Pennsylvania|
|** Out-Patient Visits include all out-patient offices operated by UHS and UHS Medical Group, a division of UHS.|
UHS is an umbrella organization that oversees
- Four hospitals including UHS Wilson Medical Center, UHS Binghamton General Hospital, UHS Chenango Memorial Hospital and UHS Delaware Valley Hospital.
- Walk-in Medicenter.
- UHS Home Care at Ideal.
- UHS Medical Group, a 140-member physician network.
- UHS Home Care.
- Multiple medicine and family practice based care centers.