Our Podiatry Residency Program has been in existence since 1994. We offer three positions each year in our CPME approved PM&S-36 Residency Program. Our goal is to challenge our residents with a strong balance between hands-on clinical and surgical experience, in-depth didactic learning and an exceptional quality of life.
The program provides training in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of a full-range of foot and ankle conditions. You will have the opportunity to work in an office setting directly supervised by Board Certified Podiatric Physicians. You will be exposed to hospital and clinic-based management of patients. The training program provides a diversity of operative forefoot, rear foot and ankle procedures and development of surgical skills and techniques under the direct supervision of Board Certified Podiatric, Vascular and Plastic Surgeons.
All Residents participate in a weekly Clinic where they gain valuable practice management insight and further enhance their physical diagnosis and treatment skills. You will also participate in a weekly Journal Club and Podiatry Consortium/Board Review. Weekly lectures are provided to help you remain current on Podiatric medical and surgical issues.
- Valuable interaction with all of the hospital's subspecialists and residency programs.
- A well rounded, comprehensive curriculum.
- Wide range of elective rotation opportunities.
- Specialty clinics including wound care and a Diabetes Management Center.
- Responsibility for the pathology studies on all amputations.
- Other clinical experiences in acupuncture and osteopathic manipulation are available.
- Accessible and supportive attending, faculty and staff.
- Level II Trauma Center.
- Competitive Salary.
- Participation in present courseware reviews, research development and a cadaver workshop.
- Residents are encouraged to take the In-Training examination given by the ABPS & ABPOPPM which is paid for by UHS.
- All program graduates have the opportunity to sit for both the ABPOPPM and ABPS certification exams.
- Affiliations with: OCPM, Temple, Des Moines, NYCPM and MidWestern Universities.