On-Site Housing: Eckelberger Tower
Residents are offered housing at Eckelberger Tower. This comfortable seven-story apartment building is owned and operated by UHS and is located directly across from UHS Wilson Medical Center. Maintained exclusively for residents and rotating medical students.
- Spacious one, two and three bedroom apartments with fully applianced kitchens
- Secure access to building, free parking
- Heat, electric and water included in rent
- Air conditioner units in each apartment
- Standard cable television and wireless internet
- Free laundry facilities
- Pet-free and smoke-free building
- Community room for parties, group activities
- Fitness Center
Resident Rent: *Subject to change
- One Bedroom: $550/month
- Two Bedroom: $675/month
- Three Bedroom: $900/month
If on-site housing isn't for you, there are many affordable and attractive housing options throughout the Greater Binghamton area. Some residents rent apartments in the vicinity of the hospital or purchase homes.
House Staff Association
The House Staff Association is where you will come together with your fellow residents to plan activities, hear speakers present about a variety of hospital and medical issues, and offer observations about your experience in our Residency Programs.
The House Staff meets every other month and is led by a board of officers, comprised of your peers, who serve as your representatives in planning activities and expressing the views of the group including curriculum, management and work schedules. They plan and implement activities focusing on social, service and professional development.
STUDENT & CLERKSHIP HOUSING INFORMATION
Furnished apartments for visiting students are available on a first-come, first served basis. Housing assignments are made based upon the number of students pursuing clinical rotations at UHSH at any given time. Students may be asked to share an apartment with another student. Students pursuing concurrent rotations are not guaranteed to stay in the same apartment. The maximum stay for visiting students is three months.
Housing for elective rotations and clerkships is FREE (based on availability)!
- Same accommodations as resident housing, in addition, student apartments are fully furnished - kitchen, bedroom, living room and dining room.
- Students are asked to bring their own: linens, pots and pans, utensils, dishes, glassware.
Rent /Security Deposit *Subject to change
- Rent for students completing core rotations* at UHSH is $500/month and is pro-rated based on length of stay. Each student is required to pay a $100 security deposit which is returned at the completion of their rotation provided their apartment is left free of any damage and at an acceptable level of cleanliness.
Located at 156 Corliss Avenue, Johnson City, NY
Contact: Laurie Calenzo (607) 763-6498 firstname.lastname@example.org