The Sports Medicine Fellowship at UHS Wilson Medical Center, established in 2005, offers a structured, one-year program that is flexible to meet individual needs and professional goals. The program strives to provide you with training in sports medicine in an environment conducive to insuring the refinement of your clinical skills while encouraging strong didactic learning in a supportive environment.
Fellows will also work with local school districts, serve as Clinical Assistant Instructors of Sports Medicine for students rotating through the Sports Medicine Clinic from Upstate Medical University and other schools and serve as a primary source of sports medicine consultation for the residency programs.
- Primary hospital is a high-tech, level II trauma center
- An extensive and diverse patient population.
- Participate in professional sporting events and high school athletics and community based sports.
- Full didactic conference schedule includes: lectures, Grand Rounds and dedicated teaching days.
- Serve as primary source of sports medicine consultation for all of UHS's residency programs
- Serve as Clinical Assistant Instructors of Sports Medicine for students rotating through UHS from schools including Upstate Medical University and the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Local Athletic Teams and Events
- Binghamton Mets Baseball (AA)
- Binghamton Senators (AHL)
- Binghamton University (Division I Collegiate)
- Chris Thater Memorial Races
- Local Varsity, JV, and Modified sporting events
Participating Facilities / Clinical Settings
- Two community hospitals (UHS Wilson Medical Center and UHS Binghamton General Hospital)
- Twin Tiers Sports Medicine Clinic
- UHS Medical Group Physical Therapy
- Binghamton University Health Services Clinic
- Broome Community College Health Clinic